Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekly Menu for 11/11

Apple cider-infused red kale and quinoa
After eating out so much last week, I craved home-cooked meals. Kale and quinoa can sometimes be a little too-healthy tasting, even for me, so I cooked both in a mixture of apple cider and rosemary. Topped with toasted walnuts, it was a fabulous and nutritious fall meal. Please let me know if you (or your lady friend :) would like the recipe.

I've talked about my love of cabbage before, so it's probably not a surprise that Brussels sprouts are also one of my favorite vegetables. If you're still warming up to sprouts, shredded is a great way to go. The little green threads cook quickly on the stove-top. The crispy pieces enhance their natural, nutty flavor. Topped with a tiny glug of maple syrup, these shredded sprouts tasted like veggie-candy. Happy cooking!

Sunday: Apple cider-infused red kale and quinoa with walnuts
Monday: Korean chicken stew
Tuesday: Chicken with mushrooms in balsamic cream sauce and spinach salad
Wednesday: Indian-spiced lentil fritters (adapted) and orange carrots
Thursday: Shredded Brussels sprouts with candied pecans and fried egg (inspired)
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: my Grandmother's Sauerbraten (similar), spaetzle, and sauteed rapini

No comments:

Post a Comment