Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Weekly Menu for 12/2

Work was extremely busy this week, so I took advantage of meals from my freezer. I know many of you are resistant to freezing, but I promise it can be almost as good a fresh if you do it correctly. If you're new to freezing, I have two pieces of advice. First, soups, sauces, and other foods that have some liquid tend to freeze best because the texture will be similar pre- and post-freezing. Second, defrost frozen food over a few days in the fridge. Trying to defrost and eat in the same night often results in part of the food getting overcooked and part of it staying frozen. I've made this mistake a few times and trust me, the texture is not good. If you'd like more info on freezing or some more examples of the types of food I freeze, please let me know. Happy cooking!

Spicy squash salad with lentils


Sunday: Chicken tikka masala with rice and kale
Monday: Spicy squash salad with lentils
Tuesday: Italian wedding soup (from the freezer)
Wednesday: Mushroom farro risotto with roasted squash
Thursday: Beef stew (from the freezer) over mashed potatoes and parsnips
Friday: Leftovers with roasted broccoli
Saturday: Chipotle scrambled eggs with leftover broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment