Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekly Menu for 1/6

Crockpot Asian Pork
I'm always on the lookout for tasty, crockpot meals that freeze well. This Asian pork from SkinnyTaste is an absolute winner. My mom made it for us right after my surgery. We enjoyed it then and it was just as good after sitting in my freezer for a few months. For those of you who've had Pho, it's similar to that with a rich broth and tender meat. As you see, I added a bunch of fresh veggies to make it complete one pot meal. Perfect for a chilly winter night.

As some of you know, I requested and received dried beans from Rancho Gordo for Christmas. For my first experiment, I made a simple pot bean recipe from their cookbook. I know it sounds insane, but honestly the RG beans are so different from dried beans in the store. They had a flavor and a personality unlike anything I could have imagined. I can't wait to try my remaining beans. I know most of you aren't going to order dried beans in the mail, so I'll limit my praises for now. If you have any interest, I would be thrilled to discuss further. Happy cooking!

Sunday: Chicken stew with onions, tomatoes, and Dijon over rice and salad
Monday: Rio zape pot beans from Hierloom Beans
Tuesday: Crockpot Asian pork (from the freezer)
Wednesday: Chickpea burgers and salad
Thursday: Pasta Carbonara and salad
Friday: Dinner out
Saturday: Dinner out

3 comments:

  1. When are you going to put up some of your spreadsheets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken stew looks tasty, but did you really use 2 lbs of red onions? I also like the pasta carbonara recipe.

    ReplyDelete