Saturday, January 26, 2013

Weekly Menu for 1/13

Parsley Pesto on Egg Quesadilla
I'm constantly torn when buying fresh herbs. On the one hand, a tablespoon or two can drastically improve a dish. On the other, it can be hard to use up a whole bunch of herbs before they go bad and I hate wasting food. To address this dilemma, I've amassed a collection of awesome pesto recipes over the past few years. I've made basil pesto, of course, but also cilantro and even kale. This walnut parsley recipe is a relatively new one from Elise and was an enjoyable way to use up a bunch of parsley. I made a half batch and ate it first in whole wheat pasta, then as a topping for my breakfast (pictured above), and finished it off by thinning with lemon juice to use as a salad dressing. All were fantastic! For those of you who are wondering, pesto freezes very well ;) Happy cooking!

Sunday: Broccoli avocado toss
Monday - Wednesday: Dinner out
Thursday: Parsley pesto with orange- and habanero-glazed carrots
Friday and Saturday: Dinner out




No comments:

Post a Comment