Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekly Menu for 10/7

Changing of the guard this week. My dad was just as happy to cook for me as my mom so I continued my streak of exceptional eating. Lucky for me!

Fish can be intimidating for many new cooks, but this tilapia is just as easy as the author claims. I keep a jar of the blackening rub in my cupboard, so dinner is ready in a flash. I've made this recipe a number of times and it's always a hit. The method for the orange-glazed salmon is similar, but the flavor profile is quite different - pleasantly tart with a hint of sweetness and spice. Trader Joe's sells a scrumptious Seville marmalade if you want to give it a try. Happy cooking!

Sunday: Blackened tilapia, corn, and sauteed zucchini
Monday: Apple and manchego salad
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Dinner out
Thursday: Honey mustard chicken, steamed farro, and snow peas
Friday: Orange-glazed salmon, tri-color quinoa, and baby bok choy
Saturday: Dinner out

No comments:

Post a Comment