Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekly Menu for 9/30

Since I'm not working, I spend an even larger part of my day thinking about food than usual. As a result, we went a slightly overboard with cooking this week. No complaints from me though!

For the uninitiated, "gravy" is a rich, tomato meat sauce that many Italian-Americans, including my parents, ate every Sunday growing up. I made a huge pot of my father's family recipe pre-surgery and froze all of it. It's not a quick meal, but is totally worth the effort. If you're a pasta lover, I recommend making a big batch of your favorite sauce and freezing it for later.

If you're vegetarian or are trying to eat less meat, I've made the chickpea burgers about 10 times now and they're surprisingly satisfying. Friday, we tried a new recipe from SkinnyTaste that was a hit. And Saturday, my mom made a huge Italian meal for a friend and I - there was an extreme surplus of food and we loved it. Happy cooking!

Sunday: Gravy over fusilli lunghi and roasted broccoli
Monday: Chickpea burgers with pea sprouts
Tuesday: Take out
Wednesday: Leftover chicken salad and roasted Brussels sprouts
Thursday: Fall pear salad
Friday: Crockpot asian pork and spinach salad
Saturday: Spinach manicotti, chicken cutlets, chicken picatta, and sauteed greens with almonds and currants (adapted)

No comments:

Post a Comment